I have a chance to do somting diffrent way not Python ?!

Bart Willems b.r.willems at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 07:24:25 EDT 2007

anders wrote:
> So basicly i like advice about interac with os, compiler etc.
> Nice webblinks to read more
> and do/don't things.
Hello Anders,

OS Support for Windows in Python is excellent. I suggest you download
the latest version, and don't forget to download Mark Hammond's win32
library as well. Although it is mainly about COM support and you
probably don't need it, it is always good to have.

After that, work your way through the tutorial. It should give you
enough information to create the scripts that you need. I used the
Manning book to learn Python, but I hear a lot of good stories over here
from 'Python for dummies' as well.

The modules (included in the installation package) that you will need in
your scripts are probably os, sys, and maybe some of the date modules.

I can't think of any "don'ts" - except maybe for the warning that you
should not try to write java or c++ code in Python. So, if there is
anything that seems to me missing, consider a different approach in your
code (a good example is the switch statement...)

Best regards,
Bart