Emergence of Grok

LesF lhf at xtra.co.nz
Sun Apr 15 00:54:32 EDT 2007

On Apr 14, 10:05 pm, Anton Vredegoor <anton.vredeg... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> That doesn't mean that I haven't met a lot of enthusiastic and helpful
> zope developers and programmers, it's just that they don't understand or
> don't want to understand that money can be a show stopper for people
> wanting to learn about zope.

Thank you for that post.  I was starting to think it was just me.
Despite having worked as a software developer for 20 years, and
thoroughly enjoying programming, and loving Python... something about
the Zope community just seems to be lacking, when it comes to grabbing
the thing and working out how to be productive.

I am not against people trying to earn a living, my career is based on
that principle.  I just find the atmosphere clouded and uncertain.  I
mean, are there secret street fight meetings where zope-2 and zope-3
gangs maim each other while chanting the names of their favorite
API's...