Gadfly server startup error

Ralf Muschall rmuschall at tecont.de
Tue Sep 12 14:49:51 EDT 2006

Hello,

I just tried the recent gadfly (from SF), using Python
2.4.2 (hand built, since my Suse 8.2 had only 2.2.2).

The direct operation of gadfly works.

After calling gfserver, I get (in addition to a complete
users manual dumped on the screen) the following error
message:

|Traceback (most recent call last):
|  File "/usr/local/bin/gfserver", line 4, in ?
|    main()
|  File "/usr/local/python-2.4.2/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gadfly/scripts/gfserver.py", line 89, in main
|    S = Server(int(port), db, dr, pw, startup)
|NameError: global name 'Server' is not defined

which is factually correct (the script only imports sys,
but then tries to instantiate the class "Server" which is
nowhere defined).

Is this a bug somewhere, or is just my installation broken?

Ralf