Python website bug: Wrong URL in http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5/highlights/

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Sep 27 04:46:49 EDT 2006

Anand wrote:
> The URL which links to "Whats New in Python 2.5" in the following text
> is wrong.
>
> "Here are some of the (subjective) highlights of Python 2.5. More
> detail on almost all of the new features can be found in the document
> What's New In Python 2.5"
>
> It links to http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/ whereas it should
> point to http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/whatsnew25.html instead.
>
> I tried to report the bug in python.org using
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonWebsiteCreatingNewTickets but since I
> dont have a Trac login there, I am reporting it here. Python.org
> webmaster, please consider this a bug report.

See the Cc: address on this post? That's probably a much more effective
way to communicate with the python.org webmasters. Relying on them to
read a hgh-noise newsgroup like c.l.py is asking to be ignored.

Thanks for taking the time to try and keep the web site up to date.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119