A critique of cgi.escape

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Sep 25 08:41:37 EDT 2006

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>> Georg Brandl wrote:
>>
>>> A function is broken if its implementation doesn't match the
>>> documentation.
>>
>> or if it doesn't match the designer's intent.  cgi.escape is old enough
>> that we would have noticed that, by now...
>
> _We_ certainly have noticed it.

you're not the designer, you're just some random guy who thinks that if you
don't understand something at first, it has to be changed, even if it that change
would break things for others.  maybe you haven't done software long enough
to understand that software works better if you use it the way it was intended
to be used, but that's no excuse for being stupid.

</F>