Is it just me, or is Sqlite3 goofy?

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Sat Sep 9 03:00:32 EDT 2006

skip at pobox.com wrote:

> I wouldn't be at all surprised if the pysqlite author operated under that
> assumption.  That the Python developers didn't pick up on the issue is not
> surprising.  I'm not sure how many of them are (py)sqlite users, probably
> relatively few.
>
> Skip

Who has reviewed sqlite/pysqlite after all? Reading the passage in the
sqlite FAQ I can hardly believe that passing errors silently and
coercing everything to string when it fails to be coerced to INTEGER
although INTEGER was an invariant declared in the create command is on
par with Pythons design philosophy. In other cases doctoral
dissertations are written about whether a keyword or some punctuation
shall be used for decorator syntax and in this case everything must be
rushed into the code base of the standard library?