sufficiently pythonic code for testing type of function

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 11 02:08:48 EDT 2006

"Theerasak Photha" <hanumizzle at gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/11/06, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > Why have you re-implemented (a less-functional version of) 'isinstance'?
>
> Ignorance, I think. But the issue is resolved now. Thank you.

Hopefully it is also merely ignorance that leads you to such obsessive
type-checking.

Here's a discussion on EAFP versus LBYL that gets a lot of Google juice.

    <URL:http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-May/163820.html>

--
 \         "I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know |
  `\                               what to feed it."  -- Steven Wright |