Beginning setup problem

vedran at v-programs.com vedran at v-programs.com
Wed Nov 1 10:25:59 EST 2006

Hello again,

Before few months,I write to this mailing list with python script
install problem,but nobody give me right solution.I work on windows
XP,and Python 2.4.
Now,when I write in Python 2.4:

>>> from distutils.core import setup
>>> setup(......) # whatever I write

I got the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    setup()
  File "C:\Python24\distutils\core.py", line 101, in setup
    _setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
  File "C:\Python24\distutils\dist.py", line 130, in __init__
    setattr(self, method_name, getattr(self.metadata, method_name))
AttributeError: DistributionMetadata instance has no attribute
'get___doc__'

When I run setup.py with CMD:

python setup.py install   (or build or install)

Again I got the error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
    setup()
  File "C:\Python24\distutils\core.py", line 101, in setup
    _setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
  File "C:\Python24\distutils\dist.py", line 130, in __init__
    setattr(self, method_name, getattr(self.metadata, method_name))
AttributeError: DistributionMetadata instance has no attribute
'get___doc__'

                                                         Regards,
                                                         Vedran,
v-programs