Decimal() instead of float?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Nov 12 04:38:31 EST 2006

"Steven D'Aprano" <steve at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> writes:

> On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 02:31:04 +0100, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> > (who uses fractional ZIP codes, btw?)
>
> Well, I can't speak for Americans, but here in Australia we
> typically give our post codes to six decimal places:
>
> Melbourne 3000.000000
> Brunswick 3056.000000
> Clifton Hill 3068.000000
> Sydney 2000.000000
> St Johns Park 2176.000000

Yeah, I know. As soon as that legislation came in, I started giving
the *precision* they asked for, with my own choice of *accuracy*, just
to mess with their damned totalitarian databases.

Melbourne 3000.000000
Brunswick 3000.000000
Clifton Hill 3000.000000

But you try to tell people overseas about this legislation, and they
just don't believe you.

--
 \          "It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one |
  `\       trifling exception, is composed of others."  -- John Andrew |