NaN handling

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat May 6 17:04:20 EDT 2006

On 2006-05-06, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Harder than just enabling fpectl.
>>
>> Last thing I heard fpectl was considered to be completely broken -- it's
>> likely not disabled by default for no reason.
>
> Fair enough. If you want to go through numpy's code to rip out its floating
> point error handling, knock yourself out. It's not going to be trivial, though.
> It's heavily embedded in the ufunc machinery.

Does numpy's NaN handling only work within numpy functions, or
does it enable HW FP signals and then catch them for "normal"
floating point operations that take place outside of numpy code?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm in direct contact
                                  at               with many advanced fun