hide python window, cont'd

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri May 26 12:18:41 EDT 2006

[John Salerno]

| Bell, Kevin wrote:
| >> Great!  And now that it's hiding w/ .pyw, how would I kill it if I
| > want?
| >> Just log off, or is there a better way?
| >>
| >> Kevin

| > I don't see it in the task manager.
| >

| You might have to look at running processes instead of
| applications. See
| if any of the names looks like your program.

Just in case you want something marginally more
sophisticated, you might take at look at this
example:

http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/catch_system_wide_hotkeys.h
tml

Depending on just what your own program is doing, it
should be more or less easy to incorporate the concepts
so that you program runs and checks for a hotkey press
at which point it shuts itself down (or shows itself,
or reformats your hard drive, or whatever).

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk