Starting New Process

D duncanm255 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 1 10:34:23 EDT 2006

Hello, I need to write a server program that performs the following
tasks:

1)  Listens on TCP port 5555 for a connection
2)  When client connects, launches application (for example, vi), then
closes connection with client
3)  Goes back to listening on TCP port 5555 for an incoming connection

The main thing I need to make sure of is that when the server program
closes, that the applications that were launched remain running (i.e. I
would need to launch them independently of the server program).   Any
help as to how to do this would be greatly appreciated!