Tiddlywiki type project in Python?

jkn jkn_gg at nicorp.f9.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 09:27:59 EDT 2006

Hi Bruno

[...]
> > I don't know Javascript (although it looks moderately simple from a
> > brief peruse,
>
> It's not as simple as it may seem at first look. There are some real
> gotchas. But if you want a more pythonic javascript, you should have a
> look at mochikit.

OK, thanks for the pointer

[...]

> > and I know enough languages to know I'll be able to pick
> > it up); however I do know and use Python, although not nuch in a
> > web-oriented way. Since unlike JS, python is at least pre-compiled, I
> > have hopes that this would make things quicker. I do appreciate that JS
> > is built into the browser, which might make my Python approach slower.
> > I'm not sure of the 'architectural' approach to this; any suggestions,
> > and maybe pointers to previous work?
>
> I don't really understand what you're after here, since TiddlyWikiLikes
> can *not* work without javascript.

Well, that may be an/the answer, since another form of my question
would be 'how can I write a TiddlyWikiLike using Python instead of JS'
;-). I appreciate that it might involve, for instance, a local server.
Does the idea of embedding python in a browser instead of Javascript
make any sense at all?

> Anyway, there's at least a Zope-based TiddlyWikiLike, so you may want to
> have a look here:
> http://ziddlywiki.org/

Thanks again

    jon N