Python is fun (useless social thread) ;-)

BartlebyScrivener rpdooling at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 23:10:19 EDT 2006

>>> You know what are dicts, right ? That is, containers with
>>> keyword-access to values ? Then you probably have dicts
>>> with a known, defined structure, and functions working on
>>> it. What classes (and hence 00) gives you is a way to
>>> associate these functions with the dicts themselves. That
>>> is the big intuition about objects, the rest is just
>>> details.

You bet. I have lots of these. Especially a large dictionary that is
kind of an application and site launcher. I type "l clp" at the command
line, and l.py runs a function def launch(obj), which grabs the key
"clp" whose value is this site address, and I'm browsing clp. Kind of
like favorites with no mouse. Or another dictionary with applications.
Same way. They work fine. I guess they aren't complex enough to require
classes yet?

I appreciate the tips. I'll do a couple tutorials and read my books and
then come back with any OO questions.

Thanks Bruno and Luis.

rd