scipy

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 14:50:06 EDT 2006

Aage Andersen wrote:
> I am exploring the modules scipy and linalg using python under Win XP and
> IDLE.
>
> Defining m=matrix( .. ) and trying to compute the inverse of m:

> I get an array:

> This is unfortunate. I would rather have a matrix returned as the rules for
> manipulating matrices and arrays differ.

Please ask these questions on scipy-user.

   http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

Recent SVN revisions of numpy.linalg should treat matrix objects sensibly. The
scipy.linalg functions still need similar treatment. Patches are welcome.

> does not give the same as

> Trying to compute the determinant of a matrix m

> my computer resets IDLE and I get an error messages.

You can enter a bug ticket in our Trac after registering. We will need to know
what version of scipy and numpy you are using and the exact error messages that
you are seeing.

   http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy

--
Robert Kern