Need a compelling argument to use Django instead of Rails

Ray ray_usenet at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 07:45:27 EDT 2006

John J. Lee wrote:
> I get that overall impression of Django too (as being more tightly
> coupled to itself, hence less flexible, when compared with TurboGears
> in particular).  I haven't done much with it yet, though (and
> presumably the 'magic-removal' branch landing did some good).
>
> What do you make of the rest of Django (aside from the DB stuff)?
>
> It's a shame TurboGears doesn't yet have a solid "out of the box" CRUD
> admin interface as Django.

And it's a shame that: Python doesn't have The Anointed Web Framework.
Things may have been different if there can be only one, who knows.

The lack of support for Oracle and SQL Server by Django is also a
killer that'll prevent Django from being picked up by a LOT of
companies (sadly, including mine :( ).