Python : Event-Driven Paradigm

Kusanagi kusanagi1977 at aim.com
Wed Jul 19 02:52:55 EDT 2006

Were you looking for more specific features?

Parallel Processing.

Grant,

        It looks like I have a lot more studying to do, all of the information that I have seems to be screwed up. I will look at event
loops in Python to see if that answers my question. I was just looking at the event-driven programming page on wikipedia and it mentioned that TCL had event driven programming built in, go figure and it did not mention python at all. I have made a lot of assumptions, and you know the old saying that assumptions are the mother of all fu**ups. Well I am going to get back to it, interest thing just occurred though. I have a program that actually runs faster with the more user-defined functions called than with less, I am trying to track down the reason why. I am ecstatic! I am getting into parallel processing because of a graphics project that I am researching and I have to stay with Python, because I don't want to spend a year recoding what others have already completed and tweaked to max efficiency. What a vicious circle I am caught up in.

As always thanks for the response E-mail. I have not even checked out the Google groups yet, but I will very soon.

                - Steven.