Threads and time.strptime()

Maximilian Michel maximilian.michel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 04:57:13 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have an interesting problem:
I have written code, that reads a logfile and parses it for date string
(Thu Jun 29 14:01:23 2006).
Standalone everthing works fine, all is recognized.

But if I let the same code run in a thread, with the same file as input
I get the following error:
  File "sensor.py", line 158, in gotData
    t = time.strptime(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/_strptime.py", line 293, in strptime
    raise ValueError("time data did not match format:  data=%s  fmt=%s"
%
ValueError: time data did not match format:  data=Thu Jun 29 14:01:23
2006  fmt=%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y

Has anyone encountered similiar problems? And how did you get around?

Thanks,
Maximilian