math symbols not displaying

Andrew Dabrowski dabrowsa at indiana.edu
Fri Jul 14 21:12:55 EDT 2006

I'm working on a simple Python program, with Tkinter, and I need to
display the math symbols for set union and intersection, in unicode
\N{N-ARY UNION} and \N{N-ARY INTERSECTION}. Everything was displaying
correctly (when I ran the program) until I changed my OS distribution
from SuSE to Ubuntu. Now those two symbols are not being displayed. I'm
not getting any error messages, there are simply blank spaces where the
symbols should be. Any ideas what the problem could be? I'm using Gnome
under Ubuntu 6.06.