accessing hardware information using python

Johhny exter_c at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:28:19 EST 2006

Hello,

I am currently looking to write a utility in python that will monitor
the statis of a RAID card within linux. The card in Question is the LSI
SAS1064 as the tools provided by the vendor to monitor the software
does not suit our requirements.

However I am unsure how to convert dmidecode information like so :

Handle 0x0025
        DMI type 10, 6 bytes.
        On Board Device Information
                Type: SCSI Controller

Into anything that I can use to extract information using python? Does
anyone have any ideas or any recommended reading about this matter?

Regards,

Johhny