New Python.org website ?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Jan 24 03:56:45 EST 2006

Aahz wrote:

> >the sample site contains ~600 pages.  each page has been automatically
> >translated from python.org sources to moinmoin markup, and then stored
> >in a moinmoin 1.5 instance.  a separate component has then extracted the
> >pages from moinmoin, and converted them XHTML fragments for rendering.
>
> That looks pretty good.  The most serious bug I've found so far in your
> conversion is the missing form for grabbing SF bugs/patches on
> http://www.python.org/dev/
> just after "Links for Developers"

forms and tables are not handled well, and there are lots of minor issues
with the current html->moin converter (it's a 2x15-minute hack, after all).

> I'm curious what you plan to do for handling sidebar links, especially
> context-sensitve ones that change as you switch between sections of the
> site.

I think I mentioned this in an earlier post; simply adding a special SideBar
link list at the top of a page should be good enough

   SideBar: <side bar title>
   * [link title]
   * [link title]
   * [link title]