Jython inherit from Java class

Mark Fink mark at mark-fink.de
Mon Feb 13 14:21:08 EST 2006

Hi Kent,
many thanks for your help! In the meantime I received my "Jython
Essentials" book and hope that I have much fewer questions in the near
future.
One last question for this thread. I tried to inherit from a Java class
and override on method. I figured that this approach was nonsense
because the method used private attributes of the Java class. Now I
read that there is injection used in Jython. Jython uses setter and
getter methods to do the injection, right? Unfortunately the Java class
has no setters and getters for the private members. Is there another
way to override the method besides rewriting the Java class or is this
approach really doomed?

Cheers,
Mark