ANN: Release of NumPy 0.9.5

vinjvinj vinjvinj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:55:51 EST 2006

I read some of the earlier threads which essentially said that numpy is
about 3-4 times slower then Numeric for smaller arrays. I'm assuming
that applies only to operations that apply to the whole arrays.

I was curious how the performance of the following operations would
compare though:
1. Copying arrays
2. Creating arrays
3. Slicing Arrays

In the mean time I'll install numpy and give it a spin.

>>Most, if not all, of the functions in scipy_base have been moved into numpy.

That's great. it would be great if I could remove the scipy_base
dependency.

VJ