per interpreter storage for C extensions

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Dec 28 16:57:14 EST 2006

Chris Mellon wrote:
> I'm not that familiar with
> mod_python but I'm surely each python interpreter is in a different
> thread (if not process) than the others.

No.

In mod_python there can be multiple distinct interpreter instances in
each Apache child process. If using a multithreaded Apache MPM, there
can be multiple active threads in each Apache child process and more
than one thread can be executing within any one particular interpreter
instance within a process at the same time.

For more details about the Apache/mod_python process/interpreter models
read:

http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/TheProcessInterpreterModel

Graham