How to realize the interactive python in Eclipse?

Ravi Teja webraviteja at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 20:16:49 EST 2006

purple wrote:
> I have installed the Eclipse and the plug-in Pydev. Also, I have add an
> python program in the external tools. When I run the python program in
> the external tools, i can type python command just like in the python
> shell.But when I finished running a python file, in the console, I
> could not type any command to check some argument generated in the
> process. Is there any way I can make it?
> thank you~~

I am beginning to wonder if you attempting to use PyDev as nothing more
than a programmer's editor. PyDev is a lot more. You need not debug
this way since it includes a visual debugger. Be sure to read the
documentation at the web site.

http://pydev.sourceforge.net/debug.html
http://pydev.sourceforge.net/faq.html