Python, PostgreSQL, What next?

Godson godson.g at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 02:37:24 EST 2006

On 1 Dec 2006 23:04:37 -0800, vbgunz <vbgunz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've studied Python and studied PostgreSQL. What is the absolute next
> best step to take to merge these two finely together? I've heard of
> SQLAlchemy and some others but before I dive in, I would really like
> the opinion of those who tried it and other toolkits.
>
> My main concern is, I would like to completely work with a database
> from Python. What would you suggest I look into?
>
> Thank you for your time!
>
> --

I am using psycopg 1.1.21 for interacting with postgresql, which proved to
be good for my need i guess django and  zope  also using psycopg for doing
things with postgresql, to get started with that, The following links could
be useful

http://initd.org/pub/software/psycopg/dbapi20programming.pdf

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/

Godson Gera