2.5 excitement (was Re: Java Developer Exploring Python)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Apr 18 13:51:04 EDT 2006

In article <1204021.LzRF60KP7e at jupiter.g2ctech>,
Jorge Godoy  <godoy at ieee.org> wrote:
>Aahz wrote:
>> In article <roy-FCE9BE.22212817042006 at reader1.panix.com>,
>> Roy Smith  <roy at panix.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Indeed, I think the inclusion of ctypes is far and away the most exciting
>>>thing in 2.5.
>>
>> Really?  More than pysqlite?
>
>To me much more.  After all, why would I need pysqlite if I use
>PostgreSQL? ;-)

Heh.  Since we're just finally turning in our 100% first draft of Python
for Dummies, I tend to think more in terms of what a Python newbie will
find useful.  On that front, I think that pysqlite is much more
important because it finally gets rid of the excuse for using Berkeley
for simple database purposes.

"LL YR VWL R BLNG T S"