what has python added to programming languages? (lets be esoteric, shall we ; )

Ravi Teja webraviteja at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 19:47:54 EDT 2006

>>"like the hashtable in java"

People don't give a reference to a language feature only because it
added/invented it but also because it is a popular one that many are
familiar with.

Java did not invent HashTables. They existed long before and were
available to most languages before Java. Neither is it even a Java
programming language feature (it's a class in it's standard library).

Actually, I can't think off the top of my head, any feature in the Java
language (and I am making no assertions about the implementation of
specific instances) that was truly innovative. But that's OK.
Incremental is good.