How to upgrade to 2.4.1 on Mac OS X tiger

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri Sep 9 16:49:01 EDT 2005

stri ker <striker at trip.net> writes:
> Has anyone here upgraded from 2.3 to 2.4 on Tiger?
> If so how'd ya do it?

You don't. You install 2.4 in parallel with 2.3. You can do pretty
much whatever you want with /usr/bin/python, /usr/local/bin/python,
etc. - Tiger doesn't seem to use those. I don't remember if I replaced
one or not, but don't touch anything else about the 2.3 installtion.

I installed the darwinports version of 2.4, and have been using it
ever since for all my stuff.

     <mike