Working on a log in script to my webpage

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:52:24 EST 2005

Pete..... wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Unfortunaly it looks like I dont have to skill to make a secure log
in, cant
> figure out how the code has to look like, so guess my webpage has to
live
> with a security issue.
>
> Thanks for the effort you put into teaching me the use of cookies.

I've written a library called 'login_tools' that does login/user
management for CGI scripts. It doesn't use a database to store logins
though.

You can fins it at (with online example) :
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/logintools.html

If you want any help setting it up or working with it then feel free to
email me about it. It's possible to plug it in to existing CGI scripts
with literally two lines of code....

Regards,

Fuzzy

http://tutorialized.com/tutorial/Creating-a-Members-Area-in-ASP/2234
> > CODE1
> > Set objRS = objConn.Execute (strSQL)
> >      '// see if there are any records returned
> >      If objRS.EOF Then
> >          'no username found
> >          strError = "- Invalid username or password<br>" &
vbNewLine
> >      Else
> >          'check password
> >          If objRS("password")=Request.Form("password") Then
> >               'username/password valid
> >               'save session data
> >               Session("loggedin") = True
> >               Session("userid") = objRS("id")
> >               'redirect to members area
> >               Response.Redirect ("default.asp")
> >               Response.End
> >          Else
> >               'invalid password
> >               strError = "- Invalid username or password<br>" &
vbNewLine

> > CODE2<%
> > If Session("loggedin") <> True Then Response.Redirect "login.asp"
> > %>
> > <head>
> > <title>Members Area</title>
> > </head>
> > <h1>Members Area</h1>
password is
> > correct, so I just need to do the cookie thing :D
> >
> > Thanks all, hope all my questions dosnt make you tired, I just
really
> > wanna figure this out, and I am doing this as a little hobby of
mine, so I
> > dont have anyone else to ask, hope that is okay...
> >

> > "Kent Johnson" <kent37 at tds.net> wrote in message
> > news:422ef991_1 at newspeer2.tds.net...

> >> You might want to look at Snakelets and CherryPy.
> >>
> >> Snakelets is "a very simple-to-use Python web application server."
One of
> >> the features is "Easy user authentication and user login
handling."
> >> http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/
> >>
> >> CherryPy is "a pythonic, object-oriented web development
framework" that
> >> seems to be popular. A recipe for password-protected pages in
CherryPy is