MoinMoin WikiName and python regexes

Paul Bredbury i at hate-spam.com
Wed Jun 8 19:43:55 EDT 2005

Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> i know nada about python so please forgive me if this is way off base.  i'm
> trying to fix a bug in MoinMoin whereby
>
>   WordsWithTwoCapsInARowLike

I don't think there is such a thing as the perfect "hyperlink vs
just-text" convention.  In MoinMoin, you can force a custom link using e.g.:

[wiki:WebsiteSecurity this is the link text to WebsiteSecurity so call
it whatever you want such as WebsiteSecurities]

This custom linking, whilst obviously not ideal, solves the problems
mentioned at http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiName

This seems better than producing endless confusing variations on the
"standard" (be it formal, actual, or simply obviously desired).

I'm not convinced of the usefulness of MoinMoin's "subpages" idea, while
we're on the (related) subject - they seem to create more problems than
they solve:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnEditing/SubPages