COM problem .py versus .exe

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 09:26:15 EDT 2005

[Greg Miller]
| Unfortunately I have a "fire" to put out with a patch to the existing
| machine code, I'll get back to looking into the problem a
| little later.
|  Thanks very much for you assistance with this!  I really didn't look
| into the GetFileVersionInfo, can I assume that is a cytypes function?

No, it's a function in the win32api module of the pywin32 extensions.
(Although I imagine you could wrap it via ctypes, if you felt that
way inclined). Did my earlier post make it through to the newsgroup/Google?
It came through on the mailing list. Just in case, here is the code again:

<code>
import os, sys
import win32api

dll_filepath = os.path.join (sys.exec_prefix, "python24.dll")
for k, v in win32api.GetFileVersionInfo (dll_filepath, "\\").items ():
  print k, "=>", v

</code>

Good luck with the firefighting.
TJG