getting list of all available modules

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Tue Jun 21 06:31:33 EDT 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 01:33:06 GMT, rumours say that Benjamin Rutt
<rutt.4 at osu.edu> might have written:

>I note that the help() function of interactive python can determine
>all available modules:

<snip>

>I want to do the same (get all such modules in a python list); how can
>I do so?  Or where is the code for the REPL for help() itself so I can
>find out myself?

Try browsing the site.py file in your standard lib directory; there's a
_Helper class that is what you are looking for.  help is an instance of
_Helper, as you can see by typing in the interactive prompt:

>>> type(help)
<class 'site._Helper'>

--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.