Seeking IDE

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Fri Jul 8 13:12:26 EDT 2005

"Jags" <njagan at gmail.com> writes:

>   If you don't like that, you could use any of the following editors:
> EditPlus, TextPad, UltraEdit, WingIDE, Komodo (from ActiveState) or
> jEdit. All these are Windows based.

Komodo is available for Linux and  Windows, and ActiveState will be
releasing a version for OS X later this  year.

jEdit claims to run on many platforms since it's written in Java.

WingIDE has downloads for Linux, OS X, and Windows.

Personally, I favor (X)Emacs and zsh for my DE, but I'm one of those
people who prefer a looser coupling between tools than you typically
get with a monolithic IDE.

Nick

--
Nick Vargish :: http://nick.vargish.org