Which kid's beginners programming - Python or Forth?

André andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 12:13:46 EDT 2005

Scanning quickly through the various response, I noticed that at least
one person suggested rur-ple  (rur-ple.sf.net), hence Python.  I would
second that ;-) ... but then, I am biased as the author of rur-ple!

rur-ple is intended to be a complete learning environment for learning
programming and Python for complete beginners.  At the core of it are a
set of lessons (about 40 so far).  Before the end of the summer,
rur-ple should include a complete tutorial on writing games using
Python (and pygames).  My goal is for rur-ple to be usable by 10 years
old (with guidance) and young adults (by themselves) to learn about
programming.

Check it out ... and let me know what appeals to you (if anything) and
what doesn't.

It's free :-)

André