Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

DH b at c.d
Wed Dec 14 09:32:33 EST 2005

Alex Martelli wrote:
> Alternatively, counting Google hits:
>
> rails python django             112,000
> rails python subway              81,600
> rails python turbogears  32,000
>
> This isn't exactly "buzz", of course, but it's SOME measure of "critical
> mass" -- and with django about equal to subway+turbogears, it does not
> appear to show any emerging dominance.  A significant measure of "buzz"
> might be obtained by redoing the same search in, say, two weeks, and
> noticing the deltas...

Actually the turbogears mailing list has ~850 subscribers while
the django one has ~650.  I don't think that should be interpreted
as anything, but it does show the opposite of what you found with
the google search.  They both have "buzz".
Also others are working on another rails-like framework
called pylons: http://pylons.groovie.org/project
Because of course if other languages have 1 or two frameworks, python
needs a dozen.