are DLLs needed to run glade interfaces in python with Windows?

stefan.eletzhofer at eletztrick.de stefan.eletzhofer at eletztrick.de
Wed Apr 13 15:07:53 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 11:58:12AM -0700, Fernando wrote:
> Hi,
> I've a .glade file with a little interface I made. I've managed to
> load it from a python script, using pyGTK, but the only way it succeed
> was copying into the same directory the "libxml2.dll" and
> "libglade-2.0.0.dll" files.
>
> I think you only need to install theese as packages in Linux, but I'm
> using Windows and I'm wondering if this is a must using it, or if
> there are ways much cleaner that simply start dropping DLLs inside the
> directory...

IMHO that's actually the _only_ sane way on windows to deploy DLLs. The
other option you have is to put them in %SYSTEM32% or whatever environment
variable it was on that platform. But once you start to drop DLLs _outside_
your App's install directory, you _can't_ simply move the installation directory
somewhere else (read: another computer).

Hope that helps,
Stefan

> Thanks.
> --