Calling a Perl Module from Python ( future direction of Python)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Apr 6 15:13:08 EDT 2005

gf gf wrote:
> Really!  That's a pity... Instead of trying to
> recreate a repository the size of CPAN, a Python
> interface to Perl modules is really called for.

Something like pyperl, for example?

> Instead of fretting over decorator syntax and
> lispiness, might I suggest that development efforts be
> directed to this?  Developers, are you listening?
> Guido?
>
> PS And I don't mean waiting for Perl 6 to condense...

Yes, the development team don't have anything better to do than listen
to the opinions of people who don't even identify themselves. I'm sure
you have proved your dedication to Python so explicitly that they'll
already be working on this problem :-)

You might also look at the work Richard Jones and others did on PyPI
during their PyCon sprint. Richard was confident that PyPI

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/