string goes away

Paul Rubin http
Sun Apr 3 10:30:29 EDT 2005

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:
> Out of curiosity: when thinking about Python 3.0, what is the timespan
> in which you expect that to appear? Before 2010? After 2010? After 2020?

I'm not terribly worried about Python 3.0 incompatibilities, whenever
those are.  There are already three incompatible Python versions
(CPython, Jython, IronPython) with PyPy coming right along.  If any of
those newer ones take off in popularity, there's going to be much more
interoperability hassle than 3.0 will cause.