Python 2.4 killing commercial Windows Python development ?

Nemesis nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Tue Apr 12 16:11:44 EDT 2005

Mentre io pensavo ad una intro simpatica "Martin v. Löwis" scriveva:

>> What happens if I try to install Python2.4 on a system wich doesn't have
>> the dll?
> It will just work. Python installs the DLL if it is missing, and leaves
> it alone (just incrementing the refcount) if it is present on the target
> system.

OK, so the python installer _does_ ship this dll. So also the win
installer has the redistribution problem, or does they pay for
redistributing msvcr71.dll?

--
Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

 |\ |       |HomePage   : http://nem01.altervista.org