py2exe and UPPER CASE file system

Werner Merkl werner_DOT_merkl_ at _fujitsu_DASH_siemens.com
Wed Oct 27 02:20:54 EDT 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:
> Werner Merkl <werner_DOT_merkl_ at _fujitsu_DASH_siemens.com> writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>

>>my problem is, I try to use a py2exe compiled python script from a
>>CD-ROM. This should work, BUT the tool I use (or have to use)
>>generates only upper case file names on the CD-ROM.
>>
>>For py2exe 0.4.1 and python 2.2 this worked fine... but the current
>>releases do not.
>

> I would say if it worked it was a bug ;-).

Oops... I thought, this was by intention, because py2exe 0.4.1 has its
own module loader...

> Does it work in newer versions when you set the PYTHONCASEOK environment
> variable?
Yes, this would work, BUT if I start a Python EXE directly from CD, then
normally this variable is NOT set...

So I need to set it inside the Python EXE or run a C wrapper to set the
environment variable and than start my Python EXE.

BTW: I tried to "import os" or "import OS as os" to add
"os.environment['PYTHONCASEOK'] = '1'" inside, but this seemed not to work.

regards
Werner