should these be fixed for python 2.4?

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 4 14:44:08 EDT 2004

Alexander Schmolck wrote:

[snip]

> Anyway, I think this horse has now been beaten to death -- either someone who
> has the power to make inclusions has been convinced by now or it's not gonna
> happen (at least not in the immediate future).

Not necessarily. It *is* unlikely that someone who "has the power to
make inclusions" is going to pick up on this and write an implementation
for you. However, (and this is an important feature of Python's
development) if *you* write an implementation, document it, write unit
tests for it, and present it to the public and python-dev with a good
case for its existence, it has a pretty good chance of getting in.

Many (most?) of the active Python core developers don't read c.l.py with
any frequency. If you have a feature request, post it to the Sourceforge
bug tracker[1], preferably with a patch implementing the feature, or
it's almost certain that no-one will pick it up.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5470

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu