Color schemes

M.E.Farmer mefjr75 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 30 18:18:42 EDT 2004

Mark Schonewille <nospam at nospam.com> wrote in message news:<41838c6e$0$7153$d5255a0c at news.wanadoo.nl>...
> Hi,
 Hello!
> Is anyone using a color scheme for his Python scripts?
 Yes.
> I suspect most people are using a text editor which may or may not support
> colorisation of scripts.
 Good intuition, because some do and some don't :)
 Many of the python editors out now are based on Scintilla.
 Scintilla is a capable, colorizing, folding, text widget on 'roids.
> Do you use a similar script in a Python IDE or in your text
> editor to colorize your Python scripts?
 I use an editor that is based on Scintilla .
 To convert python source to colorised html for webpages and documentation,
 I have been writing a module called PySourceColor.
 It is a based on token and tokenize.
 If you are intrested you can find it here:
 'http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/e/mefjr75/'
 This is a new version and has many improvements.
 Also there is a version of pydoc there that serves up colorized html.
 HTH,
    M.E.Farmer