Comparing WSDL & SOAP libraries...

Brian Beck exogen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 02:19:04 EDT 2004

Hi again folks!

I tried searching the newsgroup for this and nobody seemed to be asking
the questions I wanted.

I'm trying to take advantage of the Google API using Python, and it
comes with a WSDL file in order to do so.  Of course, I immediately
figured someone must have already written a WSDL parser in Python.

It appears that I have a few options...

SOAPy - http://soapy.sourceforge.net/
wsdl4py - http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/wsdl4py/
ZSI - http://packages.debian.org/testing/python/python-zsi

It also looked like there was a tutorial using a 'WebService' module,
but I couldn't immediately find a home page for this -- it may have been
the project that SOAPy is a part of.

I'd simply like to know if someone has already done all the research in
this area and has come to a conclusion regarding which one of these is
the 'best'?  Easiest to set up and use, fastest, frequently updated, etc...

Anyone know?

Thanks!

   Brian