Zope 3.0, and why I won't use it

Fred Pacquier xnews2 at fredp.lautre.net
Mon Nov 15 11:52:37 EST 2004

Max M <maxm at mxm.dk> said :

>>> Where you on Windows or Linux?
>>>
>> Windows.
>
> I thought so :-)
> I'm on Windows too, and Z3 the installer seems to be in a pretty sorrow
> state there.
> I think it is pretty simple to get it running. But stuff like scripts
> being called "mkzopeinstane" instead of "mkzopeinstane.py" and there
> being references to folders that don't exists in the Windows install, so
> you need to guess which ones to use instead.

Thanks for the sanity check ! I though I was being really dumb there :-)
I've installed a few early Zope versions under Solaris and Linux some years
back, but had not used it since. When I saw X3 coming out with a Windows
installer, I though they'd made it really easy for once and wanted a quick
test run on my desktop. Ended up pretty nonplussed by all the stuff dumped
under site-packages and no really obvious way to launch the damn thing :)

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/