if need small python executable

Peter Maas peter at somewhere.com
Tue Nov 23 07:55:53 EST 2004

Irmen de Jong schrieb:
> Nickolay wrote:
>
>> it's easy to create small executable from python code, when using
>> assembler compilers. I ask you if need it?
>

> What's an assembler compiler?
> I also don't understand your actual question.

Are there programs available (Python assemblers) which convert a
10 kb Python script into a 5 kb binary executable?

Answer: No. But you can use py2exe (Windows), McMillan installer
(Unix) or py2app (Mac) to create a not so small (>= 2 MB) executable
containing python bytecode and the python executable.

:)