Comparing two minidom objects

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Mon Nov 8 14:29:02 EST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> I'd like to compare two xml.dom.minidom objects, but the naive attempt
> fails:

> False

You want some recursive comparision that defines equality in terms of node
and children. Something like this:

def tree_eq(a, b):
    if a.nodeName == b.nodeName and len(a.childNodes) == len(b.childNodes):
         res = True
         for ac, bc in zip(a.childNodes, b.childNodes):
             res = res and tree_eq(ac, bc)
             if not res:
                 return False
         return res
    return False

The nodeName is just one property you can check for equality - maybe you
want to additionally compare nodeType and nodeValue.
--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch