"Rails"-like thing for Python?

Jeff Blaine jblaine at mitre.org
Wed Nov 10 13:06:11 EST 2004

Like many people, I've recently been turned onto "Ruby On Rails"
(I believe it was a Slashdot article release announcement
recently) and didn't know it existed before then.

I've been writing Python code for 6 years now, on and off, and
I have to say I am leaning more and more toward at least learning
Ruby and doing my next few projects with it.

I am curious if there is anything like the Rails framework for
Python?  Specifically, I mean a generalized framework for
rapidly performing web application building.  One that does it
consistently, well, etc.  Zope is far from what I mean.