problem with "setup.py bdist --formats=zip"

HumbdyDum oliver.schoenborn at utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 13 00:09:37 EST 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Humpdydum wrote:
>
>> I would like to create a "binary" distribution for Windows, but in zip
>> format, since the installer requires root access.
>

> Not sure what you mean here.  Windows doesn't have a "root" user,
> though it has "Administrator".  Is that what you meant?

Yes.

 > I believe
> you'll find that the installer has an option to install for the
> current user only, so that you don't have to be an Administrator
> to do it.

Really? I've installed several (like Numeric etc) and looked but never
seen that option, I must be blind. Actually, I remember clearly that
they always say, after being started, something like "You don't have
sufficient priviledge, you must be administrator". I'll take another
look. Thanks,
Oliver