Help with Distutils

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Thu May 13 18:36:29 EDT 2004

On Qui 13 Mai 2004 17:51, David M. Cooke wrote:

> Of course, you have to able to find the config file, but that's a
> smaller kettle of fish. I suppose you could put the config file in
> your modules directory (like I suggested), and have your other data
> files sitting outside (in /usr/share/whatever).

If all your concerns are with unix machines, taht would be great. I don't
know if his software should also run on other platforms and OSs. Anyway,
you have basically two points, for Unix and Windows: /etc/something/config
and c:\Windows\something\config. You can check the OS and go to the correct
directory... It makes it harder to find only one file: the config file. The
other way you'd have to check all the other files...

--
Godoy.      <godoy at ieee.org>